A vital part of the New York waterfront, Harborside has been propelling innovation and progress for decades.
Originally constructed in 1930 by the Pennsylvania Railroad as a waterfront storage facility and Railroad distribution center, the site was known as Harborside Terminal. It remained a working warehouse for the next four decades.
In 1986, the Terminal site was converted to office, with all the infrastructure upgrades required to house Jersey City’s growing financial services support industry. In 1992, 101 Hudson was added to the campus. Mack-Cali acquired the site in 1996, and initiated a major building campaign, including Harborside 5 and 6.
Now, with elevated convenience retail and year-round programming, Harborside has reshaped the waterfront into a thriving work and lifestyle destination that anchors the neighborhood. New development sites ensure the campus will continue to grow and evolve.